Thursday, January 29, 2009

Miscellaneous Maddy before we leave for Maui

It's 5:17 pm on the 29th of January. We are all packed and ready to go. Maddy is sleeping, finally. She got to play with Josie and Charlie Swingler this morning and has been on a bit of a warpath ever since. It seems like she's saying - Mommy, why don't we have other little people for me to play with here? With other little people's toys? Sarah was sweet enough to let us go "shopping" in her garage for new toys. I think I forget that as she gets older she will want different stimulation and also need to put some of her trillion wonderful toys away and reintroduce them every week or so. Something to work on when we get back.

These pics are just miscellaneous - a few from a chilly day when she wore her cute sweater, a few of her wearing her bunny jacket from her Grammie, and on of her kind-of-eating her first bowl of pasta with her Gampie. The poor waitress brought over the bowl and out it right in front of Maddy. She dug inimmediately with both hands and threw the corkscrews in the air. Very cute, but very messy. I think she may have eaten one piece.

I had a sad moment today. I was getting Maddy ready for her bath, took off her clothes as usual, and brought her in for my daily naked hug (she feels so good when it's just baby, no diaper) and she pushed me away! Like, with both hands, arching her back away. We both got in the tub, and she did it again! I was holding her while she played with the faucet (she tends to slip back, need to get a non-skid mat), and she was trying to pry my fingers off of her tummy. She's never done this before, her first assertion of independence. I would love for her to become an independent person, but NOW? This soon??? Oy ve. I got some nice hugs after her bath that erased my sad moment.

So we're off. Back on the 9th. I'd send my fam the itinerary, but I don't have one. I know we come back on the 8th in the evening. I will have my phone on me, so holla if you need me. Love you guys.















No comments: